The settlement of Hortata is administratively subjected to the municipality of Apollonion in Lefkada county. It is located at the west part of Lefkada Island. Hortata is a traditional small settlement which remains set with the vignette houses and the numerous springs that provide the settlement with drinkable water through the year.
The settlement of Exanthia is administratively subjected to the municipality of Sfakiotes in Lefkada county. It is located at the north-western part of Lefkada Island built on the slopes of a hill and protected from the northern winds. Exanthia was initially inhabited during the Byzantine years, of which many relics are still today to the small paved back-streets, travelling, at least mentally, visitors in older eras. In the village of Exantia is also located the church of Agios Stefanos. The Church was built during the meta-byzantine era, most likely in the 1850.
The settlement of Drimonas is located at the north-western part of the island of Lefkada. Drimonas is administratively subjected to the municipality of Sfakiotes in Lefkada County. Due to the dense vegetation around the settlement which mainly consists of planes and acorns, an ambient atmosphere breathes through the summer. The settlement of Drimonas represents a characteristic sample of Lefkadas’s architecture. Built on a doldrum side of the western mountain, tile roof houses, single or double decked, stand out for their morphological characteristics. Their strong ductility, the double door windows and doors, the external stairs, the loft (known as ponjo in the local dialect) along with the arc type domes represent a sample of Lefkadas’s traditional architecture. On the arc domes the date that the house was built is usually found.
The settlement of Frias is located at the north-western part of the mountain Pirgos in Lefkada Island. Frias is administratively subjected to the municipality of Sfakiotes in Lefkada County. A general characteristic of the landscape in the settlement is the numerous wells that were created during the Turkish era 1478-1684. In the settlement of Frias the old winery is also found. The winery belongs to the Union of Agricultural Partnerships of Lefkada and was established in 1929. Today, it is still producing varieties of the famous local Lefkadian wine.
Southern to the settlement of Frias, in the heart of Lefkada Island, the town of Karia is located. Karia is the capital of the municipality of Karia in the county of Lefkada. Karia is amphitheatrically built on the foothills of the mountain Mega Oros within a landscape of planes, vineyards and olive groves. On the foothill of mountain Mega Oros where Karia is located and after the settlement, the field of Karia expands where the island’s historic olive grove is located as well as the manmade tank that was built during the last decade. In the field of Karia, the historic church of Ai-Yannis is also located. The Church of Ai-Yannis was built in 1605 and accommodates wall paintings since 1736. Karia is a traditional mountainous settlement of Lefkada with numerous old houses, the characteristic square in the heart of the settlement, the church of Agios Spiridonas, the stone built spring and the building of the museum of traditional textiles and apparel (Folkloric museum of Lefkadian apparel Maria Koutsohero ), facts that create the town’s picture and promote its particular identity.
The small settlement of Eglouvi is located on the top of the hill Mega Oros, at the heart of Lefkada Island. Eglouvi is administratively subjected to the municipality of Karia in Lefkada County. Close to the settlement, the church of Agios Nikolaos as well as the church of Agios Donatos is located. Eglouvi is famous for the cropping of lentil as the climate conditions allow in the area of Agios Donatos the cropping of very good quality lentil.
The town of Lazarata is located in the north part of the island of Lefkada in 550m altitude. Lazarata is the capital of the municipality of Sfakiotes in Lefkada County. From the town of Lazarata originates the Clough of Melissa (Clough of bee) which crosses over the island in the north-west and bifurcates into several effluents such as Vardas and finally emanates in the lagoons of Lefkada. In Lazarata settlement are also located the historic church of Ayios Dionisis and Ayios Spiridonas.
Church of Ayios Spiridonas
The church of Ayios Spiridonas is a building of the 19th century, well known for the figure of Archangel Michael, an art piece of the holly artist Vasilis Sideris. The churches temple is decorated with columns of Corinthian order.
The village of Spanohori is administratively subjected to the municipality of Sfakiotes in Lefkada County. The village is built amphitheatrically located east to Lazarata settlement. The paved with slabs back-streets and the old houses are the ammunition that characterise the small village. In the village of Spanohori is also located the monastery of Prophet Elias.
The small settlement of Tsehlibou is administratively subjected to the municipality of Lefkadas in Lefkada County. It is located on the Island’s north-eastern part in the field of the city of Lefkada where historically used to be the old olive grove. Within the Tsehlibou settlement is also located the church of Zoodohos Pigi where remnants of an ancient graveyard were discovered.